November is a severely underrated month-just a time filler between Halloween and Christmas. I’m here to change this and help you to have your best month be November.
- Decorate for Fall! Although November typically gets overshadowed in most stores and shops by Christmas, it’s the best month to decorate for fall! Grab some pumpkins, squash, and a festive fall wreath and make your space be full of fall warmness!
- Go shopping! This is your last chance to go shopping before the malls and shops get too crazy with the Christmas buzz. (And you can start crossing stuff off your Christmas gift list)
- Play in the leaves! Tap into your inner child and grab a rake to make a big pile to jump in or make some leaf furniture to sip some hot cocoa. It’s okay to let loose and allow yourself to revert to your inner child! Nothing is holding you back!
- Pick up a new hobby! Now is a great time to pick up a new hobby! Mine currently in calligraphy! It’s so much fun and you can utilize your new skill to make some Christmas presents down the road. (I’m all for DIY Christmas presents, there is likely to be a post about it later :-))
- Find a new hot cocoa or apple cider recipe! This is pretty self explanatory. If you’re like me and can’t drink coffee or don’t like the taste, you’re probably always looking for a warm alternative to come home to after a chilly walk home. Pinterest is overflowing with hundreds of different recipes for hot cocoa, apple cider, and just about anything warm and delicious.
- Take a walk! Now is the perfect time to take a walk. It’s not too cold yet, but the brisk air will keep you cool. Make sure to grab a jacket on your way out, though, it’s typically colder than you think!
- Spend time with friends! This is a great time to spend time with your friends before you get swept up in the finals chaos and all part ways for Christmas break. Have a girl’s night, watch some movies, and allow yourself to soak in the time to relax. (Maybe you can try out your new hot cocoa recipe!)
- Just breathe. This is the last chance to just relax before the Christmas season starts. College students don’t have to worry about their previously completed midterms and don’t yet have to fret about finals week. It’s a time to just relax and spend time with your family.